Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Books I read in 2013.



January

Life of Pi – Yann Martel(read it and then watched the movie)

The Heaven Shop – Deborah Ellis (found it and read it at crowdy)

Flight Behaviour – Barbara Kingsolver (loved this one, recommended it around)

February

The forgotten garden – Kate Morten

Memoirs of an imaginary friend – Mathew Green (Tinks’s book, Love the concept)

March

The heather blazing – Colm Tobin (Christmas present from Keda)

April

Alive in the killing fields – Nawuth Keat & Martha E. Kenda

May

The graveyard book – Neil Gamon

June

Wildwood Dancing – Juliet Marillier

July

August

The long earth – Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter (Keda read it and left it in Cambodia for me, good read)

You Suck – Chris Moore (Keda read it and left it in Cambodia for me)

September

Just Kids – Patti Smith (Nat had it, I realised part way through I was re-reading it, pretty sure Patch recommended it the first time, love this one too)

The girl with the dragon tattoo – Steig Larsson (Bought it from Kinyei)

The girl who played with Fire – Steig Larsson (Second hand bookshop on Rd 3)

October

The girl who kicked the hornets’ nest – Steig Larsson (I liked this trilogy, read it quickly, and I like the characters)

World war Z – Max Brooks (Sent to Cambodia from Tim & Jen J , got a bit obsessed with Zombies for a while)

November

Never let me go – Kazuo Ishiguro (realised part way this one is also a re-read)

White Oleander – Janet  Fitch (Recommended by Alexa, good one.)

?First do no harm - ? (Found it on the Island Liz and I stayed on, read it in a night cause we were leaving the next morning at 06.00, partially just from stubborness)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Keda-chan gave me "the windup girl" by Paolo Bacigalup for Christmas lat year.

Definitely the best book i read last year, amongst many, and i think it is a great read for those of us that live in Asia and see how things are transpiring.

If you can't get hold of a copy, let me know and I will post it to you; because it's a book you NEED to read!

Miss you heaps.

Fran said...

What about Shakespeare? I send you mind improving literature and it doesn't get a mention!!!!

Unknown said...

What was 'first do no harm' about? I might have read it.

I read WWZ on Tim's reccy I think. I LOVED it!